USJobDesk. Com -- Today’s work recruitment is incredibly competing, that's why should you perform properly in fact it is not really a hard thing to do. USJobDesk. Com will provide you with chance to get it done and that means you would be able to help to make the proper selection with much better strategy to obtain rapid as well as far better result. Like that you will definately get greater possibility in addition to safer are living sometime soon. King County Library System is probably the firms that you can confidence to provide your household suited and superior live sometime soon. Subscribing to this provider will always make an individual in a position to attain your own aim much easier along with make the dream become a reality.
To make the organization perspective as well as vision occurs accurate; King County Library System is actually open with regard to completely new location seeing that Outreach Services Specialist within Issaquah, WA 98027 begin with April 2017. Everyone who’s keen on filling this kind of vacant, make sure you take part in this particular Outreach Services Specialist April 2017 recruitment throughout Issaquah, WA 98027. It's advised for those participants to organize almost all essential specifications due to this employment recruitment process, as the practice will need someone to give acceptable spec which the corporation wants due to this location. If you're you are this can easily complete your spec, you can attempt you just read more information about Outreach Services Specialist April 2017 in Issaquah, WA 98027 below.
The King County Library System is looking for a part-time 30 hour Outreach Services Specialist
to join their Public Services – Mobile Services Department. The Outreach Services Specialist provides services including circulation, ready reference and reader's advisory at designated mobile sites in partnership with local library staff. This position focuses primarily on delivering Library2Go services to youth and caregivers at childcares, afterschool programs, and other community sites. Selects material based on requests from patrons and independent research relative to interests and needs of target population such as picture and board books, audio and/or video material. Drives van to deliver materials to patrons. Recommends, plans, implements, and tracks mobile services for population served. The Outreach Services Specialist demonstrates enthusiasm for community outreach, and will be serving in one of the most culturally and linguistically diverse areas of King County.
This position will work closely with the Outreach Services Coordinator, the Library2Go Program Assistant, and local Library2Go staff to help offer Library2Go service across the KCLS Service Area. Although based at the Service Center, the staff member working in this position may occasionally be assigned to a particular library during the week that area is served. This position may be assigned to work weekends.
Candidates with paid or volunteer work history that includes the delivery or services to youth, English language learners, culturally diverse communities, and people with disabilities will be given special consideration.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Essential Duties/Major Responsibilities :
Any of the following duties may be performed. These examples are not necessarily performed by all incumbents, however, and do not include all specific tasks an incumbent may be expected to perform. Locate and provide KCLS library materials, and provide reader's advisory and ready reference to a patron population that is unable to get to any local branch to utilize services or access material for assigned service population. Deliver, check-in and check-out the materials at the site, either on-line using PC's, tablets, or remotely, and downloading the information after the on-site visit when necessary. Drive the vehicles to various locations within the KCLS service area. Perform circulation routines such as unpacking shipments, checking in materials, library holds, and other collection circulation/maintenance functions. Shelve, shift, and maintain library collection on board the vehicle. Perform specialized functions such as, database management, filing office materials, etc. Maintain current knowledge of literature, children's, teens and adult resources, as well as early literacy and adult practices depending on assignment. Attend system-wide Children's Services meetings when available. Current assignment emphasis on Youth. Support coordinators and librarians in the delivery of high quality programs and instruction for diverse audiences at designated off-site locations. Partner with other staff to identify opportunities to meet needs of population outside of community libraries. Support evaluation efforts and identify opportunities for continuous improvement. Routinely act as lead library staff person when out on mobile site visits. Act as library liaison with staff and patrons of facilities. Uphold library policies and procedures when offsite, including Library Rules of Conduct enforcement.
Secondary Duties :
Other related duties as assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATION:
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience :
A typical way of obtaining the knowledge, ability and skills necessary to fully perform the essential duties of this position is:
- Through graduation from a high school or GED equivalent supplemented with an associate degree or equivalent specializing in library science, research methods or related field.
- Two to four years experience in library operations, and reader's advisory services and/ or comparable direct customer service to the general public.
- Or other combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties and responsibilities of the classification.
Necessary Knowledge, Ability and Skills :
- Knowledge of materials available within KCLS that are applicable to target patron population.
- Thorough knowledge of specialized needs of assigned population. (i.e. Children's developmental needs and reading interests. Current assignment emphasis on Youth.
- Considerable knowledge of math.
- Considerable knowledge of applicable locations of facilities throughout King County or ability to learn.
- Working knowledge of driving an oversize vehicle in support of activities involved in this position.
- Working knowledge about aspects of early literacy.
- Knowledge of KCLS or comparable library systems and procedures.
Ability to :
- Adaptable and flexible in working with a diverse population.
- Research materials available to target patron population.
- Organize and stock collections on the vehicle that meet the needs of the populations served at each location.
- Read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Maintain a "customer service" orientation at all times in possibly difficult situations.
- Work independently and away from KCLS physical facilities and staff support.
- Work collaboratively with local library staff to serve the needs of the community in specific service areas.
- Participate as a team member in developing programs, locating specialized material and other support oriented towards special needs population.
- Communicate effectively with a diverse population.
- Research and engage with potential new service sites in partnership with local library staff.
- Manage stress while working in environments that may include child care centers, community centers, and apartment communities, while working one-on-one with patrons who have diverse communication and service needs.
- Prioritize and manage daily tasks. Self-manage assigned tasks to be completed on a daily and ongoing basis by being organized, efficient, taking initiative, being proactive and using good judgment in prioritizing work.
Skill in :
- Using circulation systems of KCLS or comparable library systems.
- Building interpersonal relationships with a special needs population.
- The use of computer hardware and software including office applications such as Word, Excel, Access, SharePoint, and Outlook as well as Internet resources and other office equipment.
- Understanding and performing the reader's advisory function, and ready reference.
- Assessing situation/requests and logically finding solutions.
- Listening to, understanding and interpreting information received from patron population.
- Working with youth, conducting informal readers' advisory for younger readers.
- Fluency in a language other than English desirable. For the current assignment, emphasis is on Spanish, Asian or African languages.
Valid Washington driver license including requirements of satisfactory driving record review. Candidates must successfully complete KCLS driver training within the first three months of employment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work requires driving an oversize vehicle to various locations throughout King County, including ability to climb into the vehicle and operate hand and foot controls. In addition, it requires frequent sitting, standing, walking, handling, grasping, reaching, hearing, and talking. The position requires constant use of close, distance, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus. Occasional pushing and pulling of loaded book carts requiring up to 50 pounds of force over uneven terrain and seldom lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds.
Work is outside of a normal office environment and involves extensive travel, heavy lifting, constant standing, working near moving mechanical parts, loading and unloading heavy carts in parking lots and delivering books and other material through confined hallways and rooms. There may be some exposure to angry or hostile individuals.
As one of the leading company in USA, King County Library System opens a variety of opportunities for employees to grow and make them as future leaders of the professional and disciplined. King County Library System also offers a dynamic work environment in order to encourage employees to contribute optimally, and at the same time is able to learn new skills and knowledge through the company program.
If you are interested and qualified to follow the job recruitment, you have to prepare yourself and send your application letter immediately. Only candidates who meet the criteria for Outreach Services Specialist in Issaquah, WA 98027, Issaquah, WA 98027 who will be called to attend interview. If you still do not satisfy with our job recruitment information above, you can try to read other job recruitment information that we provide in our website which still located in Issaquah, WA 98027 region from any other company. You can also try to find other job recruitment information for Outreach Services Specialist di Issaquah, WA 98027 below.